Welcome to the HSC kitchen classroom...

Hi kids and parents!

I'm so excited to have a place to share recipes, pictures, and fun bits of information about our cooking and sewing classes at HSC. I hope you enjoy having the recipes earlier then the end of semester and I would love to hear comments after you've tried any recipes at home. I'll also post pictures of us cooking and sewing as we progress through the school year. I will let this space evolve as I see what else we can post about our time in the HSC kitchen classroom.

I'll see you in the kitchen!

Miss Stacy

Friday, October 1, 2010

Colorful Collages of Fabric

In the first couple weeks of sewing at HSC we have explored the many different types of fabrics.  The kids enjoyed digging through big tubs of fabric scraps that I've collected for a good many years.  They cut and glued their choices onto paper to create fabulous fabric creations.





We talked about colors and textures of fabrics.  If a fabric is woven or knit and if the fabric was thread dyed or printed.  Some of the favorites were the purple with shiny dots and the blue faux fur.  Can you spot them?

1 comment: