Welcome to the HSC kitchen classroom...

Hi kids and parents!

I'm so excited to have a place to share recipes, pictures, and fun bits of information about our cooking and sewing classes at HSC. I hope you enjoy having the recipes earlier then the end of semester and I would love to hear comments after you've tried any recipes at home. I'll also post pictures of us cooking and sewing as we progress through the school year. I will let this space evolve as I see what else we can post about our time in the HSC kitchen classroom.

I'll see you in the kitchen!

Miss Stacy

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Great Week at HSC!


I wanted to say thank you for all the feedback I've been getting from parents and kids about the kitchen blog.  I really enjoy posting the recipes and pictures of sewing projects, I'm just not very good at keeping up each week!  Thank you for being patient while I get my blogging habits in check.

I also wanted to share how much I appreciate all your kind words and prayers for my family as we are navigating through this new kind of normal that has entered our lives.   Priorities are put into perspective very quickly these days.  Spending time with your kids each week has been such a blessing to me and my family.   My kids love to hear what we've cooked for class that day and what types of sewing projects we are working on.  Of course my own kids have  been my "practice" students for recipes and projects for years and haven't even known it.  What a perfect set up I have to prepare to teach your kids.  This week just seemed to be extra special and I wanted to let you know what a great job they did in cooking and sewing.  In cooking class we made spaghetti pie, which took a while to bake so we had extra time at the end of class.  I told the kids there would be a non cooking activity to do until our food was ready.   I had made up a custom word search paper on the computer using words all about our past recipes and things we use in the kitchen each week.  Some of them were a little unsure of the activity at first but as they started talking and sharing they really had fun.  The team work was amazing!  I loved seeing their excitement as each new word was found.  The enjoyment of helping a friend locate a difficult word was contagious.  The first one to find a new word would share clues for the others.  It really was a joy to watch the interactions.

The sewing kids are doing a fabulous job!  I love to see how much creativity is happening in class.  It makes me smile when I hear them chatting with each other about wanting to sew at home or what projects they want to do next.  It's fun to see their excitement when I bring in new fabrics for them to use.  I challenged the hand sewers to thread their own needles today.  (It takes a lot of time to rethread 6 needles over and over again!)  Some weren't sure, but I just said to concentrate and be very still with their hands and keep trying.  They all did it!  The pride of accomplishment was just wonderful. 

Just a glimpse into the kitchen this week at HSC.  Your kids brought me such joy! 
Thank you and have a great rest of your week,


Miss Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment